That’s an 87 % spike in the number of our certifications. And more than 80 % growth in the number of certified engineers and professionals across our global offices. As we close 2019, we wish to take a moment to recount our journey of learning, commitment, breaking our own mental barriers and marching towards collective growth to become one of the most distinguished and skilled tech transformation partners for our clients.
Vocalizing the vision
Our Co-founder and CEO, Rajesh Abhyankar, an avid reader and a devout learner himself, aspired that our employees, the Agilites, adopt a learning-driven approach to life and work. He shared his vision with the entire company encouraging us to become lifelong learners and have at least one active course that we are taking at all times.
AgileUniversity: Growth happens in the new, the unknown, the yet-to-be-learned…
Our learning mindset shifts when we complete our formal education and start working. The new mindset limits what we learn. We dwell and turn for help to what we already know and reject all that which are new because – well – we have graduated from school and we know what we ought to know. But this doesn’t resonate with the current times as we should be infusing the desire to learn into our daily lives.
To make this cultural and personal-growth-oriented shift happen, three of our top executives became the trailblazers by getting Google Cloud professional certifications for themselves: Rajesh Abhyankar (Co-founder and CEO, MediaAgility), Kamal Puri (Partner, MediaAgility), Arpit Agrawal (Director, MediaAgility). Their grit and commitment to learn was the “walk the talk” that we needed to steer our company’s culture towards constant learning.
AgileUniversity was the first step towards fast-tracking, exponential personal and company growth. Launched in 2019, it was born out of our many small, out-of-the-box, experiments to make learning mainstream and advance our work potential. Now, the university is orchestrated, designed, and offered by Agilites for peers to help them in their Cloud certification preparation, share technology updates, expand reading lists, list the takeaways from client engagements, conduct personal branding sessions, and much more.
“This is a great step in investing in employees. And shows that we truly believe in people. Senior-most people, CEO, VP, Directors were the first ones to be certified. This is called ‘leading by example.” Manish Mudgal, Director, MediaAgility
The five founding principles of our AgileUniversity are:
- Instant Appreciation: We make sure we celebrate every achievement.
- Bias to action: We prioritize action over unattended intent to learning.
- Peer Support: Agilites guide their fellow Agilites in their learning journeys.
- Quest for More: We look for more learning, because if one topic is learned, there is another waiting to be explored.
- Growth Mindset: We know our skills and talents are not set in stone, they are malleable and we can grow as much as we allow ourselves to.
2019, a year of double growth: a milestone of 200 and a premier skilled people force
With the small steps taken before 2019, we entered 2019 with 26 Google Cloud certifications across our global offices. Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Architect, and Professional Data Engineer certifications were the three certifications that Agilites opted for and cleared.
In 2019, we launched our first company-wide certification program under AgileUniversity to encourage more certification takers and types to diversify and strengthen skills. The campaign catered to these certifications: Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Architect, Professional Data Engineer, Professional Cloud Developer, Professional Cloud Network Engineer, Professional Cloud Security Engineer, Professional Collaboration Engineer, and Google Cloud Certification in G Suite. We created and distributed certification guide deck with indigenous and collated reference resources to help in the preparation.
2019 that followed can be divided into four quarters where each quarter brought plenty of company and individual records.
- We conducted the first in-house training session to help in the preparation
- Many Agilites from our headquarters in the US got 2X certified in this period
- We closed the quarter with a total of 48 active Google certifications
- We launched a certification reward program to appreciate Agilites’s efforts behind learning while delivering on critical and fast-paced client projects
- Even non-tech teams – people, talent acquisition, sales, and marketing teams – started getting certified
- We closed the quarter with 80 active Google certifications